Fashion industry is one of the largest polluting industries in the world. Fast fashion currently contributes to over 10% of the world’s carbon emissions and also pollute our natural waterways by releasing microplastics.
As a responsible fashion brand we are doing our bit by incorporating sustainable practices at every level of production starting with the textiles.
- All our textiles are handwoven by traditional craftspeople in rural India
- Unlike fast fashion that is energy intensive our textiles are made by humans
- We use natural fibres that do not release microplastics during a wash cycle.
How can conscious consumerism support sustainable fashion and make a positive impact towards climate change ?
- Make mindful choices – think of how your garment will impact the planet
- Reach out – Ask the brands, ask us who made my clothes how are they made did you use sustainable materials
- Buy less – Buy classic styles with focus on quality and longevity. Swap clothes with your friends. Buy second hand. Buy from brands that offer repair and alteration services.
- Multifunctional garments – Consider buying garments that can effortlessly take you from day to night and can help you create various looks – reversible dress for example or a button down jacket that can be worn as a dress.
- Natural fibres – Wear garments made from natural fibres that do not pollute our natural waterways and do not take ages to degrade.
Climate change is a global crisis and let’s make a conscious effort to reduce our carbon footprint.